10 Reasons Why You Should Work with a Robert Kelly Interior Designer:
1. Save Money. It might sound strange, but working with a designer can help you avoid costly mistakes. At Robert Kelly Home, the first hour is always free. After that, our service is $80 per hour. This applies only when we come out to your house. Work done in the store is complimentary.
2. Professional Assessment. Our designers can provide a trained set of eyes to see and notice things that you may not. This will help you spend a budget more efficiently and provide a plan of action that has the biggest impact, repurposing items if needed.
3. Wide Availability of Resources. Robert Kelly Home works with some of the most respected and well known names in the furniture industry, as well as many small local craftsmen that would be difficult to find independently. We can design custom pieces specifically to suit your style and functional needs.
4. Try it Before You Buy It. It's hard to buy a sofa without sitting in it first. Our showroom has many different frames on the floor to try out. Then each can be customized and special ordered, or purchased off the floor. You're welcome to take home our art and accessories before you buy to see how it looks in your room. We'll even bring it over for you and help you decide what works best.
5. Liaison. We're happy to meet with your architect and/or contractor early on to help you address furnishing needs before construction. We think about space differently than other industry professionals and can help you head off design misses in your overall plan.
6. Budgeting and Planning. We know where to go for resources for everything related to furnishing your home. We will save you endless amounts of time researching products, brands, and prices.
7. Wow Factor. Designers are trained to think outside the box. We will no doubt provide ideas that you would not come up with on your own. We can pull all the elements of a room together into a cohesive design with the right proportions and a harmonious color palette that speaks to the mood you want to create.
8. On Trend. Maybe you don't care about what is fashionable, but working with a designer you will get honest answers about what's "on trend" and what's no longer current. We can also help you identify which pieces will transcend trends and become timeless classics.
9. Home Sale. If you plan to one day sell your home, you will have more showings, a faster turn-around time, and a higher sale price if your home has a stronger aesthetic appeal. People want to feel something in a home, and they go by their gut whether they like or dislike a home. A well-designed home will provide that instant "feeling" of comfort, ease, and hopefully desire!
10. Visual Story-Teller. A designer can help you tell the story of your life through the medium of interior design. Interior design is ultimately an art form that in it's highest expression communicates a feeling and creates a feeling. You get to decide what feeling you want to create, and a designer will help you bring that feeling to life inside your space.
We can help you with:
- Discovering and expressing your unique personal home style.
- Measuring rooms and space planning.
- Creating atmosphere with color and lighting.
- Coordinating fabrics, leathers, and finishes.
- Determining the right size for rugs, lamps, and artwork.
- Choosing and placing wall decor and accessories to finish a room.
Contact our design staff using the form below to answer any of your home design questions. You also may wish to upload your floor plans ( .pdf format only) for more detailed design services.
Let's Get Started!
The first step to designing a room is to decide on what kind of atmosphere you'd like to create. For each room in your house, choose a few words from this list or come up with your own!
Once you've completed this step, the next step in the process is to choose a color palette to work with. Muted or vibrant? Warm or cool? Colors are the soul of your room. We'll next help you navigate the endless options in styles. From traditional to rustic, modern to bohemian, and everything in between, your home should express your personality and tastes.
But design is about more than just style. As professional designers, we take into account functionality, circulation, lighting, and much more. Put our experience to work for you so you can avoid costly mistakes.
Meet our Designers!
Lara specializes in modern styles with a sophisticated color palette. She has a talent for making new homes feel warm and comfortable. With a BFA in Interior Design from Syracuse University, she has excellent skills in space planning, sketching interiors, and designing custom furniture pieces for clients. Lara curates our Park City Style blog, Pinterest pages, and our website. Lara's online portfolio can be viewed at www.behance.net/larabezich
Terri has worked as an interior designer for ten years in the Park City area. Previously Terri worked in visual design for 25 years and has owned her own design firm. She has a bachelor of arts from BYU.